Cleaning ovens is a task that a lot of people cannot stand. It takes up a lot of time and the chemicals used in the production of these oven cleaners are toxic! Baking soda can be used to clean ovens; it is not as abrasive as other well known commercial oven cleaning products. Baking soda is also non-toxic, which is a good thing for cleaning chef ovens where a lot of baking and grilling are done. The best part about using baking soda for your oven maintenance is that it is cheap!
Cleaning both domestic and commercial chef ovens with baking soda is easy and highly effective. In order to get a shining oven, here are some valuable tips to help you:
What You Need:
– Baking Soda
– Spray bottle
Step by Step to Cleaning Ovens with Baking Soda
• First pour the water into the spray bottle.
• Spray inside your oven with water so that it becomes damp.
• Next, pour on thick layer of baking soda – pay particular attention to the oven floor – until there is about a quarter of an inch layer of baking soda paste on the floor of your oven. If you notice any dry patches of baking soda, simply mist it with the water in the spray bottle.
• Leave the baking soda paste on in the oven for a couple of hours (preferably overnight). Ensure you turn off the oven.
• After a couple of hours, just wipe off the paste using a cloth and all the grease and grime will come off with it.
• Repeat the application for really baked-on grime.
After completing you oven cleaning maintenance you may have found other issues during this time, things like thurmo couple disconnected, elements coming lose and falling off there supports, never try to disconnect the oven yourself oven repair company’s need to be used to fix these problems.
Many people get court-out disconnecting element wires and taking elements out then not remembering how the wires are connected again, using professional oven repair tech’s will save you time and money.
It does not matter the brand of ovens you use, whether it is Blanco ovens, Smeg, Chef or other popular brands, you can use baking soda to clean any oven – as long as it is not a self-cleaning oven.